Spending Time with the Family

This last weekend was Spring Break for me. On Thursday, Brittani and I took a 4 hour road trip to Ruby Valley, Nevada to spend time with Rex, Shauna, and Everett. It was the most fun we've had for a long time. We arrived Thursday night and had dinner. Everett is getting so big and has started taking a few steps. His birthday is coming up on the 27th. Brittani and I went in on a birthday present with my brothers for the little guy. We got him a little fire truck for him to ride on. It plays music and other sounds with the push of a button. Everett really enjoyed it. He played the song over and over again, and I could tell that his parents were going to really enjoy this addition to his toy collection. On Friday, Rex and I took out the four-wheelers to check on all of the recently-born calves. One cow gave birth to twins, but only cared for one of them. So we had to bring the other one back to the barn and bottle-feed it along with some other leppy calves. It was quite the experience. Rex and I also had the liberty of taking care of quite a few ground squirels. They tear up the field and make pretty big holes that are a burden on the cows. That was a lot of fun. On Saturday, Rex and I went out to check on the calves again and took care of some more squirels. Brittani and I came home Sunday afternoon and relaxed and got ready for the upcoming week.

Comments

It sounds like you guys had a great time. I didn't know that some animals had more than one baby, but chose not to take care of all of them. That's so sad. Poor baby calf. Luckily Rex is there to take care of it. I'm glad you and Boots are doing well. I miss you guys so much! I feel like I'm missing you guys more & more each day. It sucks! We want our best friends back! Tell Boots hi for us. Love you guys!
Hohmann Family said…
It's interesting to run across a blog that's largely written by the man of the house. All the blogs that I frequent are written by women, though they are almost always attached. Good to know we can check up on you guys every once in a while. Do the same if you get bored! Lynsi has a link on her page.
shahna said…
tell brittani hi adn that i found her on lynsi's site. so good to be able to keep up with you guys!
Marcie said…
Hey Guys. I'm not going to let you forget about me. Brittani I am going to miss seeing you at work. We'll see how the next few weeks go. Have fun in Texas this weekend. Let me know how the party went.

Popular posts from this blog

We're Pregnant!!!

I Finally Did It!!!

Our First Car Wash