Our Trip to NEW YORK

Jason had to go to New York for a work conference, so of course I tagged along and we made a vacation out of it! While Jason was at his conference during the day, I slept in and did my homework in the hotel room. He came back everyday around 3:00 and we were able to go play!

Our view from the hotel room.
We ate N.Y. pizza and walked around outside on our first night in town. We couldn't believe all the huge advertisements and billboards everywhere.
On our first day, we went to central park and visited the New York Temple. When we were walking to the temple we almost walked right past it because it blends right in with the other buildings.



On our second day, we visited ground zero. This was our first day to take the subway, it was pretty exciting! Once we got to a certain point, we walked the rest of the way. On our walk there, I stubbed my toe really bad on a sewer drain and it was bleeding everywhere. We were trying to find a band aid or something to fix it up. When we got to ground zero we visited the fire station and Jason talked to one of the firemen. We asked for a band aid and they invited us in to fix me up. While my toe was getting worked on, Jason was going crazy taking pictures in the fire station. When we left he told me, "Way to take one for the team, babe. That was so awesome getting to go inside!"


After our visit to ground zero we rode on the Staten Island Ferry. The ferry goes right by the Statue of Liberty, so we were able to see it and get some really cool pictures on the water.


On our third day, we went to the Empire State Building. It was fun to go up that high and see where Sleepless in Seattle was filmed a long time ago. It was such an amazing view from the top!
On our fourth day, we went to Serendipity. I wanted to go there so bad because I love the movie Serendipity! It is quite the famous place to go, a lot of celebrities visit when they are in town. We tried the famous frozen hot chocolate! It was so yummy! More pictures of the streets. There were cops everywhere, which helped us feel safe.
On our last night, we went to our Broadway show. It was my favorite thing we did! I'm pretty sure Jason was pleasantly surprised too. Ace Young from American Idol was Kinickie; he got a lot of attention from the ladies in the audience!
Most of you may already know this, but I couldn't leave it out. On our way home from the Broadway show we saw Tom Cruise! It was so cool. Katie Holmes is in a Broadway show right now along with John Lithgow and Diane Wiest. We saw all three of them walk out of the stage door and then, to my surprise, Tom Cruise walked out! It was the highlight of my trip!
On our last day, we went back to Central Park before we had to go to the airport. Jason and I loved going there earlier in our trip, so we wanted to go back one more time. Central Park is so beautiful and huge! It's amazing to have it right in the city; it's such a change of atmosphere as soon as you walk in. We loved going to New York and plan to visit again. It may not be for several years, but I'm sure we'll make it back there someday!

Comments

About Us said…
I didn't even know you guys went to N.Y. until I got your email. It looks like you had a great time, & got to see a lot of neat things. You should plan a little trip up to Aunt Mers. So I can visit with you:) LUV YOU!!
Leslie said…
I love New York! You guys did all kinds of awesome things while you were there. I can't believe you saw Tom Cruise. So cool!
How fun for you guys! Our blog is tyandshelljorgensen.blogspot.com

Love ya girl!

Popular posts from this blog

We're Pregnant!!!

I Finally Did It!!!

Our First Car Wash